5 mistakes parents make when potty training
A lot of parents can’t wait to get their toddlers out of diapers. Some will end up trying all sorts of methods to get their child potty-trained as quickly as possible.
However, some methods may cause more problems than they help.
On Tuesday during the FOX8 Morning News, Dr. Steve Hodges — a specialist in pediatric urology with Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center — stopped by to offer some tips on how to approach toilet training.
Here are five mistakes he says parents often make:
- Training too early.
- Training their child but not following up with their toileting habits.
- Ignoring school bathrooms or bathroom policies.
- Missing signs of constipation.
- Ignoring signs of bladder trouble.
Watch the video above to hear more of Hodges’ advice.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.