Members of Wesleyan Softball team honored after saving teammate’s life
HIGH POINT, N.C.– Two members of the High Point Wesleyan softball team were honored Monday for saving fellow team member, Paris White, by using CPR after she collapsed during practice in April.
The students had just taken a CPR class when White, who has a heart condition, collapsed. Their quick actions are credited with saving her life.
Taylor Bisbee and Taylor Travis received the American Red Cross Certificate of Merit Award during the ceremony, as well as a special certificate signed by President Obama.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home