Tampa man accused of strangling, chopping up, cooking puppy
(CNN) — A Florida man is accused of strangling a family puppy, chopping it into pieces and cooking its ribs on the stove, Tampa police said.
Thomas Elliot Huggins, 25, was arrested Thursday after a family member called police.
“When officers arrived, they found the dog’s ribs cooked in a pot on the stove,” Tampa police said. “The dog’s head was in the garbage.”
Huggins had strangled the 5- to 6-month-old puppy and chopped it into quarters, storing pieces in the freezer for future meals, authorities said.
He was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty. Animal control officials took the remains of the puppy.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home