400 Guilford County School grads receive service-learning diplomas
HIGH POINT, N.C. — “Cool to Serve,” a special diploma ceremony for students serving the community, took place in High Point Sunday.
More than 400 graduates of Guilford County Schools received the service-learning diploma of the year for recording more than 225 hours of service during high school.
The students were given keys during the ceremony and one lucky student’s key opened the door of a brand new 2013 Honda Civic!
Other students also walked away with great prizes including iPads and iPods.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave