Storm threat continues this weekend
The chance of storms is likely to continue throughout the weekend.
On Saturday there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, with a high in the upper 80s.
Sunday, showers and thunderstorms will become more widespread across the area, and are likely after 3 p.m.
High temperatures throughout the beginning of next week will hover in the 80s.
Vacationers headed to the North Carolina beaches or mountains for the Fourth of July won’t escape the storms. The forecast in those areas is similar with muggy days with the chance for rain, with highs in the mid-80s.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting