Storm threat continues this weekend
The chance of storms is likely to continue throughout the weekend.
On Saturday there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, with a high in the upper 80s.
Sunday, showers and thunderstorms will become more widespread across the area, and are likely after 3 p.m.
High temperatures throughout the beginning of next week will hover in the 80s.
Vacationers headed to the North Carolina beaches or mountains for the Fourth of July won’t escape the storms. The forecast in those areas is similar with muggy days with the chance for rain, with highs in the mid-80s.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave