Man accused of soliciting 14-year-old for sex in Randolph County
ASHEBORO, N.C. — A Charlotte man has been arrested for soliciting who he thought was a teenage girl for sex.
Deputies with the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office say an undercover detective posed as a 14-year-old girl while chatting online with Edward Patella.
After several conversations, deputies say Patella agreed to meet the girl in Randolph County.
Patella was arrested Thursday night. He is charged with felony solicitation of a child by computer.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old