Tree trimmer left 40 feet in the air after accident in Forsyth County
WALKERTOWN, N.C.– Emergency responders helped rescue a tree trimmer stuck and injured in a tree on Guthrie Road Thursday afternoon.
A tree trimmer from Big Al & Sons Tree Service was cutting branches away from a home when a gust of wind caused a branch to pin his arm and leg.
Forsyth County Emergency Management Operations Manager August Vernon said he is not sure the extent of the mans injuries, but said he was alert and responsive when crews rescued the man off of the 35-year-old Elm tree.
Responders from Kernersville, Walkertown and Winston-Salem Fire Departments, Forsyth County Sheriff, Forsyth EMS and Emergency Management assisted in the rescue.
The tree trimmer was stuck for about an hour.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave