Three charged with murder in Lexington man’s death
Troutman, Strack and Robinson (left to right)
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Police have charged three people with murder after a man was found shot to death inside a home on Baney Drive.
Police were dispatched to the home around 1 p.m on June 18 to check an open door. When officers arrived, they found 56-year-old Maximino Quintana Rubio dead inside. The victim had been shot multiple times in his torso.
Police say they believe the shooting occurred overnight between Monday and Tuesday.
On Thursday, Lexington Police announced three arrests in connection with the death. Derek O’Neil Troutman, 32, of 112 Needleworks Lane, Amanda Beth Strack, 24, of 528 Lot 8 Charlotte Drive, and Jamal Steven Robinson, 28, of 100 Blossom Circle, face murder and robbery charges.
All three suspects are being held in the Davidson County jail without bound.
The SBI is assisting police in their investigation.
No other details have been released.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault