Paula Deen’s Kitchen in Cherokee to be closed, renamed
CHEROKEE, N.C. — Paula Deen’s Kitchen inside the Harrah’s Casino and Resort in Cherokee is among four Deen-themed restaurants that will be closed across the country.
Harrah’s and the three other Deen restaurants that are closing are owned by Caesar’s — one of the companies that recently announced it would cut its ties with Deen.
A Harrah’s spokesman says Paula Deen’s Kitchen will be renamed and will feature an entirely new menu, but all of the restaurant’s employees will keep their jobs. The changes are expected to be implemented within the next couple weeks.
Walmart has also become one of the latest companies to announce it will distance itself from Deen. The retail giant says it will not place any new orders for Paula Deen products such as her baked goods and cookware.
Smithfield Foods and the Food Network previously announced they would sever ties with Deen.
The Southern cooking star has faced a lot of backlash since admitting in a deposition that she previously used a racial slur.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k