Old Piedmont Leaf Tobacco Building in Winston-Salem collapses
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.– Winston-Salem Fire Department said it was time, previous fire damage and weather that caused the Piedmont Leaf Tobacco Building at 10th and Chestnut St. to cave in on Wednesday evening.
The incident was reported to police shortly after 8:00 p.m.
Residents initially reported hearing a large explosion, but the loud noise of the building falling was the sound people heard, according to officials.
The building was vacant at the time, and has been for years.
No injuries were reported.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home