Sheriff: Thomasville woman set fire for insurance settlement
Corrina Marie King (Mugshot provided by, Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A Thomasville woman has been accused of intentionally starting a fire in an effort to receive an insurance settlement.
According to Davidson County Sheriff David Grice, 26-year-old Corrina Marie King was arrested in connection with the fire, which was reported on May 4 at “a residential structure” at 932 Lower Lake Road.
Sheriff Grice says detectives believe King “intentionally set the fire to obtain an insurance settlement.”
King is charged with first-degree arson. She was given a $15,000 bond.
Additional arrests could be made in the case, Grice said.
No other information was provided.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'