Sheriff: Thomasville woman set fire for insurance settlement
Corrina Marie King (Mugshot provided by, Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A Thomasville woman has been accused of intentionally starting a fire in an effort to receive an insurance settlement.
According to Davidson County Sheriff David Grice, 26-year-old Corrina Marie King was arrested in connection with the fire, which was reported on May 4 at “a residential structure” at 932 Lower Lake Road.
Sheriff Grice says detectives believe King “intentionally set the fire to obtain an insurance settlement.”
King is charged with first-degree arson. She was given a $15,000 bond.
Additional arrests could be made in the case, Grice said.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k