Rockingham County sheriff in Charlotte to challenge immigration law
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Rockingham County Sheriff Sam Page was in uptown Charlotte on Monday to rally against the country’s immigration bill.
Sheriff Page was with a group representing the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association. The group says they support legal immigration, but they want to make sure the law guarantees public safety.
“I think we all get it now — the connection between the border and our counties,” Page said. “If we truly want to stop the flow of drugs and criminal activity we must secure our borders with Mexico.”
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home