Muggy weather continues; Scattered showers this afternoon
Incredibly muggy weather continues Tuesday — and that’s going to make our already warm temperatures feel oppressive.
The humidity is going to remain quite high Tuesday and temperatures are expected to reach the upper 80′s by the afternoon. Factoring in the moisture in the air, it will feel like the low- to mid-90′s outside. The UV index will be 10 out of 10. Staying well-hydrated and out of the sun will be a great plan.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms will sprout up around the Piedmont Tuesday afternoon and evening. Rain chances will hover around 30 percent, but across the Triad, total rainfall will be 1/10″ or less.
We’ll have more opportunity for rain in the rain gauge as the week progresses. The 5-day outlook brings 3/4″ to 1″ of total rainfall to central North Carolina.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child