Lemonade stand projects to raise money for pediatric cancer research
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — On Wednesday, A.C. Moore stores are pairing up with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to raise awareness and funds to combat children’s pediatric cancer.
Come to any store and get inspired to use your creativity for a cause to trick out your lemonade stand!
Also on Wednesday, all proceeds from a free, in-store tote bag craft will go toward Alex’s Foundation. From 1 to 3 p.m. kids can create a special design on their tote bags for free while learning more about holding their own lemonade stands in support of Alex’s Foundation. Shoppers can also donate to the foundation by purchasing paper “lemons” at checkout.
Wednesday’s event marks the kickoff of A.C. Moore’s annual summer free programs for kids that take place on Wednesdays. Summer Fun Wednesdays continue through August 14. Scheduled activities include:
- June 26, Simply Spray Canvas Bag project
- July 3, Orb Factory Sticky Mosaics Bling Stickers
- July 10, Crayola Model Magic Owls
- July 17, Schur-Tech Duck Tape Duckling Frames
- July 24, Karmin International Design a Puzzle
- July 31, Melissa & Doug Scratch Art Tube
- August 7, Fashion Angels Tapeffiti
- August 14, Polyform Eraser Clay Sweet Treats
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k