Teen sues high school over Facebook swimsuit photo
FAYETTE COUNTY, Ga. — A Georgia teenager is suing her former high school after she says administrators used her Facebook photo to warn parents and students about posting racy pictures online.
The photo of 17-year-old Chelsea Chaney shows her in a bikini with a cardboard cutout of rapper Snoop Dogg.
Chaney says the school’s technology director put it on a slide with the caption: “Once it’s there, it’s there to stay.”
The technology director apologized and said he chose the photo randomly.
The teen’s lawsuit is asking for $2 million, but school officials say they don’t believe the technology director did anything illegal.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home