Greensboro man who drowned off Topsail Beach identified
TOPSAIL BEACH, N.C. — Authorities have released the name of a Greensboro man who drowned over the weekend while swimming at Topsail Beach.
Topsail Beach Police Chief Sam Gervase says 36-year-old Stephen O’Rork was out on the beach with his wife around 10:30 a.m. Saturday when he went in the water.
Gervase says the drowning was reported shortly before 1:30 p.m. when O’Rork’s body was spotted near the Jolly Roger Pier in the 1000 block of Ocean Boulevard.
Gervase said there were no known circumstances or conditions that prompted the drowning.
Aside from his wife, O’Rork leaves behind two children.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child