Greensboro man who drowned off Topsail Beach identified
TOPSAIL BEACH, N.C. — Authorities have released the name of a Greensboro man who drowned over the weekend while swimming at Topsail Beach.
Topsail Beach Police Chief Sam Gervase says 36-year-old Stephen O’Rork was out on the beach with his wife around 10:30 a.m. Saturday when he went in the water.
Gervase says the drowning was reported shortly before 1:30 p.m. when O’Rork’s body was spotted near the Jolly Roger Pier in the 1000 block of Ocean Boulevard.
Gervase said there were no known circumstances or conditions that prompted the drowning.
Aside from his wife, O’Rork leaves behind two children.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK