Greensboro man who drowned off Topsail Beach identified
TOPSAIL BEACH, N.C. — Authorities have released the name of a Greensboro man who drowned over the weekend while swimming at Topsail Beach.
Topsail Beach Police Chief Sam Gervase says 36-year-old Stephen O’Rork was out on the beach with his wife around 10:30 a.m. Saturday when he went in the water.
Gervase says the drowning was reported shortly before 1:30 p.m. when O’Rork’s body was spotted near the Jolly Roger Pier in the 1000 block of Ocean Boulevard.
Gervase said there were no known circumstances or conditions that prompted the drowning.
Aside from his wife, O’Rork leaves behind two children.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview