Chance of afternoon thunderstorms; Highs approaching 90s this week
A warm pattern will set up for the rest of the week, so get ready for high humidity and temperatures climbing toward 90 degrees!
Partly cloudy skies are ahead for Monday and there is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms as we approach the afternoon drive home.
Highs will be near 85 degrees, but with very high humidity, it will feel like the upper-80′s. If you’re are going to brave the heat, make sure you stay well-hydrated and use sunscreen between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The UV index will be 10 out of 10.
Total rainfall for Monday will be up to 1/4″ in the Triad and western Piedmont. Up to 1/2″ is possible in rain gauges from Salisbury to Charlotte. We’ll continue to have rain in the forecast for the week, mainly as afternoon thunderstorms each day.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home