Action Greensboro consider bike sharing program
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Action Greensboro, a community group that supports economic development, is looking at bringing bike sharing to downtown Greensboro and the Downtown Greenway.
The group said bicycles could boost downtown visits.
The program could resemble similar programs in cities like Charlotte and Washington, D.C.
Riders would pay a daily, weekly, monthly or annual fee to use a bike for a time and return it for the next user.
Action Greensboro doesn’t have a time table of when bike sharing could begin in Greensboro. Right now it’s an idea that’s getting a lot of interest.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave