Victim in Lexington homicide identified
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Lexington police have identified the person who was found shot to death on Tuesday.
Police say they were dispatched around 1 p.m. Tuesday to a home at 206 Baney Drive to check an open door.
When they arrived, police say they found 56-year-old Maximino Quintana Rubio dead inside. The victim had been shot multiple times in his torso.
Police say they believe the shooting occurred overnight between Monday and Tuesday. They are investigating the incident as a homicide.
The SBI is assisting police in their investigation.
No other details have been released.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 243-3302.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants