NC boy says he smoked tea bags after seeing video online
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — A 12-year-old North Carolina boy says he and his friends tried smoking tea bags after seeing videos that were posted online.
The boy’s mom says she called police to their Huntersville home when she came home one day and smelled smoke. She also found tea bags that had been cut open.
The boy says the video popped up while he was watching a music video with his younger brother. He said he became curious after watching the video, but now he wants other kids to know it’s not worth it.
“You can look at it on YouTube all you want, but I advise you to not actually try this because you can possibly get in trouble and it can possibly harm you,” the boy told WSOC.
Experts say smoking tea leaves will not get you high, but it can make you light-headed because you’re inhaling carbon monoxide — which is dangerous.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview