Motorcyclist dies after crash in Burlington
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police say a motorcyclist died Wednesday after he collided with a car in Burlington.
According to police, a 1996 Suzuki motorcycle and a 2010 Dodge Avenger collided around 5 p.m. in the intersection of Rauhut and Hatch Street.
Police say the car was turning left from Rauhut Street onto Hatch Street when the motorcycle, which was headed north on Rauhut Street, and car collided.
The motorcyclist was identified as Cedric Shaw of Burlington. Police say Shaw died after being taken by ambulance to Alamance Regional Medical Center.
The driver of the car was not injured, but police say a child who was riding in the car was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
As of Thursday, police said no charges had been filed in the incident. They are still investigating the crash.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to call police at 229-3500.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home