UCLA defeats NC State 2-1 at College World Series
OMAHA, Neb. — UCLA defeated NC State 2-1 at the College World Series Tuesday night at TD Ameritrade Park.
The Wolfpack (50-15) took a 1-0 lead by scoring one in the bottom of the third. But UCLA rallied with a pair of runs in the top of the fifth, claiming a 2-1 victory.
Bryan Adametz scored State’s lone run in his 1-for-2 outing. Trea Turner contributed the Pack’s only RBI and Tarran Senay, Grant Clyde and Jake Armstrong added the Wolfpack’s other three hits on the evening.
NC State now faces North Carolina with an elimination game at 8 p.m. Thursday in Omaha, Neb.
Read more: NC State Athletics
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault