Showers, thunderstorms expected this afternoon
Low pressure will cross North Carolina from west to east on Tuesday, bringing a great chance of showers and a few thunderstorms to the forecast.
The rain could be heavy at times, so total rainfall will near 1″ through Wednesday morning.
Highs on Tuesday will be in the lower 80s.
Scattered showers continue Tuesday night with lows in the mid-60s by daybreak.
Most of the rain will be tapering off by Wednesday morning and most of the day on Wednesday will be fairly dry. Highs are going to be a bit warmer, topping out around 84 degrees.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'