5 wounded in High Point shooting; 18-year-old arrested
Kenneth Malik Wise (Mugshot provided by, High Point Police)
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Police say an 18-year-old has been arrested in connection with a shooting that injured five people over the weekend in High Point.
According to police, officers responded around 7:30 p.m. Friday to a report of a shooting outside the Sellers Grocery store at 2201 Little Ave.
Police say they did not find any victims when they arrived, but they did notice blood in the street. Shortly afterward, multiple victims arrived at the emergency room at High Point Regional Hospital.
A total of five people were wounded, police said. None of their injuries were life-threatening.
On Tuesday, police announced 18-year-old Kenneth Malik Wise of High Point had been arrested in connection with the shooting.
Wise is charged with four counts of attempted murder and four counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with intent to kill.
He is being held in the Guilford County Jail under a $500,200 secured bond.
Police say they’re still investigating the incident.
No other details were provided.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 889-4000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave