NC State tops UNC 8-1 in College World Series opener
OMAHA, Neb. — N.C. State’s Carlos Rodon’s complete game led the Wolfpack past UNC with an 8-1 victory Sunday in the College World Series.
The News & Observer reported that Rodon pitched nine innings, allowed five hits and one run. He struck out eight.
The victory puts the Wolfpack in the winner’s bracket in their four-team double-elimination pool.
N.C. State (50-14) will play against either LSU, the No. 4 national seed, or UCLA on Tuesday night. Those teams play later on Sunday.
Read more: The News & Observer
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview