Sunny, cooler weather taking over for the weekend
Beautiful weather takes over for Friday and it will stick around into the weekend!
The cold front that brought severe weather to North Carolina on Thursday has moved offshore. Behind it, cool, dry air has poured into the state, so the weather will be a real treat for anyone headed outdoors.
Mostly sunny skies are ahead for Friday with highs in the lower-80s. There will be a crisp, cool breeze out of the north all day.
Expect clear skies Friday night with calm winds and low humidity. Lows will settle to the lower 60s by daybreak on Saturday, and the clear conditions will stick around for the rest of the day. High temperatures are headed to the mid-80s by Saturday afternoon, and upper-80s by Sunday afternoon.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault