Greensboro Family survives after tree falls through house
GREENSBORO, NC — A fallen tree smashed a house, but did not kill any of the six people inside Thursday evening after storms rolled through the area.
Latoya Graham said she and five others were in the family home on Mobile Street when a gust of wind blew down an oak tree in her back yard.
The tree snapped, sending it crashing into he middle of the one-story brick house.
Graham’s son Quamari McCleod, 4, and her brother Raymond are recovering from injuries.
Quamari has staples in his head where the tree hit him. Raymond’s arm is in a sling.
The family cannot re-enter the home because an inspector deemed it unsafe.
Graham said the Red Cross is helping with food, shelter, and clothing for the next three days.
The home is uninsured.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault