Greensboro apartment building gets a makeover
GREENSBORO, N.C — It’s out with the old and in with the new for a West Market St. apartment building in Greensboro.
The apartment building, formerly Cascade Grandview Apartments, is under new ownership and will have a new name: District at West Market.
The Woodlark Asset Management Company will manage the building, which was built in 1967.
The apartments will lease only to college students and offer fully furnished one bedroom apartments. Woodlark Management plans to replace carpeting, add a restaurant and retail stores. Rent will start at $465.
Last year, complex was plagued with problems including lack of air conditioning and elevators that didn’t work. The previous owners foreclosed on the property, and city leaders even threatened to condemn it.
Pat Karam, a music major at UNCG, remembers the problems all to well.
“Just look at it. The changes in this building is like night and day,” Karam said.
Current residents, who are not students, will have to move out by July.
Woodlark officials say student are expected to move in by mid-August.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants