Down trees, power lines cause a mess in Forsyth County
FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C.–NCDOT crews were working alongside Duke Energy workers throughout most of Friday to clear roadways of down trees and power lines leftover from Thursday’s severe storms.
Forsyth County DOT Maintenance Director Gary Neal said Pfafftown was the only town in the county to still have roadways blocked from debris and power lines.
Duke Power Representative Jennifer Zajac said at the peak of the storm, 350,000 customers were without power. As of Friday afternoon 243,000 were still without power.
Zajac said about 3,000 in and out-of-state workers will be assisting in efforts throughout the weekend.
Crews hope to have power restored by Sunday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault