On Thursday during the FOX8 Morning News at 9:00, Linda McLean with Weight Watchers is joining us to share some of her best recipes for summer brunch parties.
Here are the recipes she’s featuring:
Lemon-Ginger Fruit Dip
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger root
In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and ginger. Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving. Serve with nectarines, strawberries, pineapple, or mango.
Fluffy Lemon- Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda ½ tsp table salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest, or more to taste ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese 3 sprays cooking spray
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and ricotta cheese by hand. In a clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture until just combined; gently fold in egg whites until they are just incorporated. Coat a large nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Spoon batter into pan in batches using ¼ cup of batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove pancakes to a tray in a warm oven and repeat with remaining batter (being careful not to spray cooking spray into open flame). Yields 2 pancakes per serving.
Tropical Chicken Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened orange juice
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh mixed baby greens
- 5 oz cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- ¾ cup fresh mango chunks
- ¾ cup seedless cucumber chunks
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup thinly sliced uncooked red onion
In a large bowl, stir together orange juice, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add salad greens, chicken, pineapple, mango, cucumber, mint and onion; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately. Yields about 3 cups per serving.
- 4 cups (32 fl oz) diet ginger ale
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) grapefruit juice
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) mango nectar
- 2 ⅔ Tbsp thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 fl oz rum, preferably white, 80 proof
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 small seedless orange, thinly sliced
- Fresh thin lime slices for garnish (optional)
In a large pitcher, combine diet ginger ale, grapefruit juice, mango nectar, orange juice concentrate, rum and lime juice. Garnish with thin slices of orange (and lime if desired). Yields about 1 cup per serving.
You can find more recipes and advice at weightwatchers.com.