Training exercise leads to fuel leak at PTI
GREENSBORO, NC — Students at Guilford Technical Community College’s Aviation Center were conducting a training exercise Wednesday afternoon when fuel began to leak from the training plane on which they were working.
According to a member of TIMCO’s Emergency Response Team, the students were running the plane’s auxiliary power unit.
The fuel leak continued even after the unit was shut down and emergency measures were taken to stop the leak.
As of 7:45 PM, the PTI Airport Fire Department, TIMCO and GTCC staff were still working on stopping the leak.
According to an eyewitness, the puddle of fuel on the Aviation Center runway was small.
According to the ERT member, the fire department would not leave until the leak was fixed and all of the fuel cleaned up.
Airport security has yet to respond to FOX8′s requests for clarification and more detail.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault