Temps to soar to the 90s today; Severe weather possible tomorrow
Get ready! We’re turning up the heat.
Temperatures on Wednesday will soar into the 90s. In the Piedmont Triad, highs will hugging that 90-degree mark, but near Raleigh, Fayetteville and Charlotte — highs will be in the mid-90s!
Skies will remain partly cloudy with only a 20 percent chance of showers or an isolated thunderstorm.
Partly-cloudy skies stick around overnight and lows will be very balmy near 70 degrees. We’ll keep a small (20 percent) chance of showers into the evening hours.
Severe weather is something we’ll be monitoring for Thursday afternoon. The Storm Prediction Center has all of North Carolina at a slight risk for severe thunderstorms. The primary threats will be from large hail, damaging winds and isolated tornadoes.
Highs in the Triad will be in the lower 90s Thursday before a strong cold front crosses the Piedmont, producing thunderstorms from noon through 5 p.m.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting