Storm clean up in Kernersville
KERNERSVILLE, N.C.– Powerful winds from a thunderstorm leveled dozens of trees near the Highway 66/311 Interchange in Forsyth County Monday evening.
Vicki Bell was home when the storm hit.
“My wall was shaking and trees started falling and everything started popping,” she said.
Utility crews worked throughout the night and into Tuesday to restore lost power due to downed trees and power lines.
Homeowners like Doug Culler spent his day cleaning his yard.
“We will get it cleaned up. This ain’t nothing compared to what a lot of people get. Some people lose everything they got and I lost just a couple of trees,” he said.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old