Storm clean up in Kernersville
KERNERSVILLE, N.C.– Powerful winds from a thunderstorm leveled dozens of trees near the Highway 66/311 Interchange in Forsyth County Monday evening.
Vicki Bell was home when the storm hit.
“My wall was shaking and trees started falling and everything started popping,” she said.
Utility crews worked throughout the night and into Tuesday to restore lost power due to downed trees and power lines.
Homeowners like Doug Culler spent his day cleaning his yard.
“We will get it cleaned up. This ain’t nothing compared to what a lot of people get. Some people lose everything they got and I lost just a couple of trees,” he said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave