City of Greensboro plans for the next 10 years
GREENSBORO, N.C.– Officials in the city of Greensboro are planning for the next 10 years, with a $576 million project wish list. Now, they’re trying to determine how to spend the funds wisely.
“Ten years from now, I’d like to see more interaction and more things to do for everybody in the city, downtown,” said Chris Throckmorton, who lives in Greensboro.
The three major areas city officials are looking to improve are East Greensboro, the area near the airport and downtown.
Some potential projects on the city’s agenda include Central Library renovations, adding more parks and better lit streets.
City Councilman Zack Matheny says it’s all about prioritizing.
“Things that we know we’re going to have to do streets, roads, water, sewer, economic development. Do we spend more strategically downtown than we do in East Greensboro,” Matheny asked.
Greensboro City Council will vote on the budget, which includes these projects, on June 18.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old