FOX8 Blood Drive Challenge — Are you among the 3%?
Only 3% of the U.S. population donates blood to save the lives of others. Are you among that 3%?
FOX8 WGHP and the American Red Cross are sponsoring the Blood Drive Challenge. As part of the challenge, we’re asking the Piedmont Triad to step up and donate blood to save the lives of others.
We will host blood drives in Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point.
The first will be held on Friday, June 14 at the St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church, located at 2715 Horse Pen Creek Road in Greensboro. It will be from 1:30 to 7 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call (336) 413-3331 or visit redcrossblood.org. When prompted, enter the sponsor code “Carolina Region.”
The second will be held Monday, June 17 at 650 Coliseum Drive in Winston-Salem. It will be from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. To make an appointment, call 1-800-REDCROSS or visit redcrossblood.org.
The third and final blood drive will be held Tuesday, June 18 at First Baptist Church, located at 405 North Main St. in High Point. It will be from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call 885-9121 or visit redcrossblood.org, click on ‘Schedule a Donation’ and enter “Fox 8″ as the sponsor code.
All donors must have a photo ID.
With your help, we can make a difference.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault