High Point woman charged with DWI in wreck with toddler
Two people were taken to the hospital after a serious collision on Highway 62 Sunday night. (WGHP)
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Officials said a High Point woman was arrested after driving drunk and causing a head-on collision with her toddler in the car.
Jessica Baker, 26, was charged in the two-vehicle wreck reported Sunday night on Hwy 62 west of Penman Road near Archdale around 8 p.m.
N.C. Highway Patrol Trooper Greg Ingram said the suspect was headed east in a 2002 Toyota when she crossed the center line and struck a 2007 Suzuki.
Highway officials said the suspect’s 20-month-old son was riding passenger with the suspect.
Authorities said the suspect and her son were not taken to the hospital, but the driver of the Suzuki and her passenger were. The extent of their injuries has not been released.
Officials said that preliminary tests show the suspect had nearly twice the legal limit of alcohol in her system.
The suspect was charged with driving while impaired. Other charges will likely be filed against her, officials said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault