Woman living on just water and sunlight
SEATTLE, Wash. — A Seattle woman is attempting to live without food.
Navenna Shine is calling her experiment “Living on Light.”
“This is a paradigm for living in which we as human beings do not have to ingest any kind of food whatsoever into our stomachs in order to thrive,” Shine said.
Shine says her experiment is an attempt to follow an obscure group of yogis called The Breatharians, who for thousands of years have claimed they have the ability to live on light alone.
Thursday marks Shine’s 33rd day without food, although she has lost more than 20 pounds.
Shine is attempting to go as long as six months without eating.
She has placed eight cameras in her home to prove she isn’t cheating on her experiment.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave