UNC basketball player PJ Hairston arrested, charged with possession of marijuana
DURHAM — Durham Police confirm to WTVD UNC basketball player PJ Hairston, and two other men, were charged with possession of marijuana Wednesday.
According to the report, police say the sophomore guard was stopped at a license check at 10:20 p.m. at the intersection of Holloway and Guthrie streets near downtown Durham.
Hairston was also charged with driving without a license.
A spokesman for UNC Athletics tells ABC11 that they are aware of the situation.
“We are aware of the situation involving one of our athletes,” UNC Senior Associate Athletic Director for Communications Steve Kirschner said. “We are still gathering information and may comment further later.”
Read more: WTVD
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k