Two North Wilkes students win ‘Heart of the Champion’ award for sportsmanship
Thousands of students play sports in high school through the North Carolina High School Athletic Association, but only 22 were selected for the “Heart of the Champion” award that emphasizes sportsmanship.
Lindsey Triplett and Megan Gilligan from North Wilkes High School were two of the 22 selected statewide.
Triplett and Gilligan are true student-athletes playing soccer, running track and being cheerleaders. They were also members of the “DREAM Team,” a select group of students who mentor at elementary and middle schools in the area.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it