Charges filed in deadly boating accident on High Rock Lake
LEXINGTON, N.C. — On Monday, charges were filed against the driver of a speed boat that crashed into a pontoon boat on High Rock Lake on May 25th, killing a pregnant woman, her unborn child and her 3-year-old son.
Michael Lyn Greene, 52, of McLeansville, faces three counts of involuntary manslaughter, according to Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank.
Greene surrendered at the Davidson County courthouse on Monday.
Investigators believe Greene was not paying attention at the time of the accident.
Investigators say 32-year-old Melissa Chambers Britt and her son William Jaiden Britt were killed when the speed boat struck their pontoon boat. Britt was on the boat with her husband, William Clayton Britt Jr., and her brother Michael Chambers, when the accident happened. She was thrown overboard.
Rescue crews found her body a short time later. Michael Chambers was taken Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with head injuries.
Authorities said the suspect was placed in the Davidson County Jail under a $50,000 bond and was bonded out around 4 p.m.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'