Charges filed in deadly boating accident on High Rock Lake
LEXINGTON, N.C. — On Monday, charges were filed against the driver of a speed boat that crashed into a pontoon boat on High Rock Lake on May 25th, killing a pregnant woman, her unborn child and her 3-year-old son.
Michael Lyn Greene, 52, of McLeansville, faces three counts of involuntary manslaughter, according to Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank.
Greene surrendered at the Davidson County courthouse on Monday.
Investigators believe Greene was not paying attention at the time of the accident.
Investigators say 32-year-old Melissa Chambers Britt and her son William Jaiden Britt were killed when the speed boat struck their pontoon boat. Britt was on the boat with her husband, William Clayton Britt Jr., and her brother Michael Chambers, when the accident happened. She was thrown overboard.
Rescue crews found her body a short time later. Michael Chambers was taken Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with head injuries.
Authorities said the suspect was placed in the Davidson County Jail under a $50,000 bond and was bonded out around 4 p.m.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave