Grumpy Cat lands a movie deal
Grumpy Cat, the 2013 Webby Award winner for Meme of the Year, has landed a movie deal.
Grumpy Cat’s reps have teamed up with the studio that produced movies like “Paul Bart: Mall Cop” and “Jack and Jill” for a film that will that will allow the grumpy feline to spew her unfriendly thoughts aloud.
“This started off as a picture of a cat, but rare is an image that evokes that much comedy,” producer Todd Garner (“Anger Management,” “13 Going on 30″) reportedly said. “You read all of the memes and the comments, and one is funnier than the next. We think we can build a big family comedy around this character.”
The movie will reportedly be live-action and not CGI.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it