Greensboro Police investigate Rockett St. homicide
GREENSBORO, N.C. – A Greensboro man found dead in his home on Tuesday is now a homicide case.
Police found Sammy Jeffers dead in his home at 807 Rockett Street after family hadn’t heard from him. Investigators won’t say how Jeffers died, fearing it could hurt their case.
“If you needed anything Sammy would come to help,” said Geraldine Buckingham a long-time neighbor. “He always put a smile on your face.”
Jeffers neighbors say he was a light in their community, helping others by mowing their yard without asking. He was also known to break out in song.
“He was a singer,” said neighbor Lakesha O’Neill. O’Neill says Jeffers was the first to welcome her to the neighborhood when she moved in two years ago. “Just came right on over like we’ve been knowing us all his life.”
Investigators are asking anyone who may have information on the case to give Greensboro Crimestoppers a call at 336-373-1000.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home