Fatal stabbing reported in Lexington
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Police arrested and charged a Lexington man after a fatal stabbing Tuesday afternoon.
Police were dispatched to the incident at 1:55 p.m. at 350 W. 11th Ave. in response to the stabbing.
When officers arrived, they located the victim who had been stabbed and was unresponsive. The man was pronounced dead on the scene by Davidson County EMS.
Derek Allen Gribble, 35, was arrested and charged with murder a short time later.
The victim’s name has been withheld pending family notification.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave