GREENSBORO, N.C.– Investigators are searching for an arsonist who they say has been starting fires in Greensboro since 2010, including the six properties that have burned down on Wagoner Bend Road.
The most recent fire was at a mobile home early Friday morning.
Investigators say the fires were all started by the same person or group, and are worried about what’s next.
“It’s not just going to be these structures. It’s going to be something down the road. because that’s typically where that leads. It typically becomes bigger. So, we are ready to put a stop to this,” said Stephen Thomas, Guilford County Fire Inspector.
Leslie May lives next door to the arson investigation and is worried her property might be next.
“I don’t care who it is. I hope they find them. I hope they get them and I hope they punish them,” May said.
So far, no one has been injured, but the fires still are still considered dangerous.
“We are putting the firefighters’ lives in jeopardy, the general public in jeopardy for something is like this,” Thomas said.
Investigators told FOX 8 they are working on a few leads and encourage anyone with information on the arsons to contact police.