Pools prep for Memorial Day Weekend
GUILFORD COUNTY— The Guilford County Public Health Department is finishing up hundreds of pool inspections just in time for Memorial Day Weekend.
The county is responsible for approximately 560 pools from apartment complex pools to Wet N’ Wild water park.
Senior Environmental Specialist James Priddy said during the May, there are a rush of applications to get pools inspected in time for Memorial Day. All public pools must pass inspection before they can operate.
Priddy and his team of 15 inspectors check everything inside the pool from the pH levels to drainage covers, to proper signage and even fencing widths to make sure no opening is large enough for a child to crawl through.
Public pools in Guilford County should open in a timely manner if they pass inspection.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault