Healthy snack recipes from Weight Watchers
Thursday on the FOX8 Morning News, Linda McLean joined us to share some of the classic snacks and the new snack staples.
Here are the snacks she talked about:
- Stuffed Celery Redux: Spread 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese into 4 celery sticks and dot with 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Chili Popcorn: Sprinkle 3 cups air popped popcorn with chili powder and garlic powder
- Frozen grapes: Break grapes into small clusters, place in a single layer on a plate and freeze.
- Kale Chips: Spray 1 cup torn kale leaves lightly with nonstick spray and toss with a pinch each salt and pepper. Bake in 400 oven until crisp about 8 minutes
- Crunchy Almond Cakes: Spread 2 teaspoons almond butter over 2 large rice cakes
- Spicy Roast Chickpeas: Rinse and pat dry ½ cup canned chickpeas. Bake on small parchment-lined baking sheet in 375 oven until very crisp about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with pinch each cumin powder, chipotle chili powder and salt.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave