Thursday on the FOX8 Morning News, Linda McLean joined us to share some of the classic snacks and the new snack staples.
Here are the snacks she talked about:
- Stuffed Celery Redux: Spread 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese into 4 celery sticks and dot with 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Chili Popcorn: Sprinkle 3 cups air popped popcorn with chili powder and garlic powder
- Frozen grapes: Break grapes into small clusters, place in a single layer on a plate and freeze.
- Kale Chips: Spray 1 cup torn kale leaves lightly with nonstick spray and toss with a pinch each salt and pepper. Bake in 400 oven until crisp about 8 minutes
- Crunchy Almond Cakes: Spread 2 teaspoons almond butter over 2 large rice cakes
- Spicy Roast Chickpeas: Rinse and pat dry ½ cup canned chickpeas. Bake on small parchment-lined baking sheet in 375 oven until very crisp about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with pinch each cumin powder, chipotle chili powder and salt.