Dog thrown out of moving vehicle in Davidson County
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C.–Police are searching for the person who threw a puppy out of a moving car in Thomasville Tuesday night.
The 12-week-old puppy, Kismet, was found on National Highway after police say someone threw her out of a car window.
She has since been adopted, but has spent the past two days at the vet with Mange, a skin disease caused by mites.
“There isn’t a reason for a dog to get this way. She’s very lucky she didn’t end up dead,” said Tonya Tanner, Kismet’s veterinarian.
As she continues to recover, her new owner is asking for help tracking down the person responsible for this cruel act.
“There are people out there that care like me, that will take her in,” said Shonda Smith, Kismet’s new owner.
Kismet will have $500 vet bill, but Smith has already received donations to help her out.
Smith says she had a special reason for picking the name Kismet, ”It means fate or destiny.”
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK