Skagit River bridge collapse in Washington (PHOTOS)
SKAGIT COUNTY, Wash. — The Skagit River I-5 bridge in Washington state has collapsed, sending two vehicles and at least three people into the water.
The Everett Herald is reporting two people were in the truck and one person was inside the car when the bridge collapsed. All three victims are currently receiving medical treatment, officials said.
Crews are now searching the river to make sure no one else was involved.
The bridge is located between Mount Vernon and Burlington, Washington. Witnesses said a truck struck the bridge shortly before it collapsed.
The NTSB is currently gathering information regarding the bridge collapse.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave