Skagit River bridge collapse in Washington (PHOTOS)
SKAGIT COUNTY, Wash. — The Skagit River I-5 bridge in Washington state has collapsed, sending two vehicles and at least three people into the water.
The Everett Herald is reporting two people were in the truck and one person was inside the car when the bridge collapsed. All three victims are currently receiving medical treatment, officials said.
Crews are now searching the river to make sure no one else was involved.
The bridge is located between Mount Vernon and Burlington, Washington. Witnesses said a truck struck the bridge shortly before it collapsed.
The NTSB is currently gathering information regarding the bridge collapse.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview