Gov. Pat McCrory talks tax reform plans
Govenor Pat McCrory talked to FOX8 about the budget, possible changes to the SBI and the state’s tax reform plan.
Republicans in the state Senate have proposed a plan that would lower-income tax rates, but add a sales tax to more than 100 different services.
The three-year plan would also lower the state and local sales tax rate in most counties from 6.75% down to 6.5%.
The plan claims to cut taxes by more than $1 billion.
McCrory says one way to rebuild the economy is to make changes to the tax system.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK