Two cleared, others charged in Rocky Mount murder
Brendan Greene and Tique Williams (Images courtesy Rocky Mount Police Department)
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. — Rocky Mount police said they’ve cleared two men charged with murder and have arrested two different men in connection with the case.
The Rocky Mount Telegram reported that 25-year-old Tyrone Foreman and 24-year-old Jermale Avent have been cleared of murder charges involving a May 15 homicide.
Police said they have now charged Brendan Greene and Tique Williams, both 22 and of Rocky Mount, with murder and felony possession of a firearm.
Authorities said the new developments in the case come after information provided to them by Foreman and Avent.
The case involves the death of 22-year-old Clayton Epps, who police said was leaving M&A Food Mart in his car around 11:30 p.m. when two men tried to rob him.
Investigators said the suspects fired numerous shots at Epps as he tried getting away, causing him to crash into trees and die.
The suspects were reportedly being held in the Edgecombe County Jail under no bond.
Source: The Rocky Mount Telegram
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy